What You Should Know Before Ordering
- NO Returns on custom-made hoses. So please be certain of the length you want. (Measure twice, cut once.)
- Custom-cut hoses are made and shipped from our Reno, NV facility and can take up to 2 weeks for delivery. This map shows the in-transit time once the order ships.
- ELEY ships complete orders. So if your order includes additional items, the entire order will be held until the custom-length hose is made and ready for shipment.
- Hoses are shipped to destinations within the USA only.
- Hose is only available in our 5/8-inch Inside Diameter grey-color polyurethane material.
- Each hose will consist of one male and one female fitting. We're tracking the level of interest in male-male or female-female fitted hoses, so you can let us know which style you'd purchase if available by sending us an email using the following links:
NOTE: Submitting one of the above emails is for the purpose of tracking consumer interest. We are currently not producing male-male or female-female hoses.
Guidelines for Custom-Cut Garden Hoses
The fittings will add 1-1/2 inches to the "cut" length of the hose. (See diagram)
Custom-length hoses are produced in the following "cut" increments and criteria:
- 1-inch increments from 12 to 24 inches. (1/4 inch variance allowed)
- 6-inch increments from 2 to 24-1/2 feet. (1/2 inch variance allowed)
- 1-foot increments from 26 to 49 feet. (1% variance allowed)
- 5-foot increments from 55 to 95 feet. (1% variance allowed)
Have complete peace-of-mind while watering your vegetable garden or filling your pet’s water dish or drinking straight from the hose on those hot summer days. All components and materials used to produce the ELEY FDA-grade polyurethane hoses are 100% lead-free and drinking-water-safe. Polyurethane is also inherently resistant to mold and mildew growth, making it ideally suited for damp environments or conditions that foster undesirable fungi.
The revolutionary ELEY lead-free brass fittings are lead-free through and through, unlike many fittings that only have a lead-free coating or plating to protect you from the toxic metal underneath. Also, unlike aluminum fittings, ELEY brass fittings will never weld (galvanically corrode) themselves to your faucet or brass watering tools.
Not all garden hoses are created equal. The extreme-duty characteristics of our polyurethane tube and cover combined with our revolutionary lead-free and crush-proof brass fittings make Eley the best garden hose available for both homeowners and commercial users alike. The innovative full-flow design of our fittings also delivers the maximum water flow your system will deliver. So, whether your daily garden hose use involves crushed rock driveways, heavy vehicle traffic, jagged edge landscape stones or rose bush thorns, the rugged durability of the ELEY polyurethane garden hose will perform well beyond your expectations. ELEY polyurethane garden hoses are backed by our industy-leading 10-YEAR No-Leak Gurantee.
Flexible, Lightweight, Kink-Resistant and Non-Marking
Need to use your garden hose in cold weather? No problem. ELEY polyurethane garden hose delivers cold-weather flexibility even down to -40°F. It is reinforced with high-tensile threads, woven into a “chain-mail armor” pattern, to provide not only a ultra-strong burst strength but more kink-resistant as well. When a loop forms in the hose, ELEY polyurethane hose tends to 'flip' out of the loop rather than collapsing down into a kink. However, if you do want to kink it manually, you can do so, knowing that it has zero kink memory (won't kink in the same place over and over). Polyurethane material is also amazingly lightweight, up to 2 times lighter, and yet 3 times stronger than most leading garden hoses. The attractive neutral grey color was specially selected because it not only looks great on the Spartan bronze ELEY hose reels, but it also blends in well with virtually any landscape or building color. The cover is also 100% non-marking, meaning you don’t have to worry about it leaving a trail across clean surfaces.
- 0.625-inch Inside Diameter (16 mm)
- 0.875-inch Outside Diameter (22 mm)
- Max. Pressure: 150 PSI (10 Bar)
- Max. Temperature: -40°F to 165°F (-40°C to 74°C)
What type of threads are used in the fittings?
Eley garden hoses are equipped with the standard 3/4-inch Garden Hose Threads (GHT). This is the standard thread used throughout the USA and Canada for garden hoses. The rest of the world uses British Standard Pipe (BSP). Even though the inside diameter of common garden hoses might be 1/2, 5/8 or 3/4-inch, the fitting on the ends will always be 3/4-inch GHT, And GHT is not compatible with NPT (National Pipe Thread), that is typically found on most steel and brass pipe fittings. So remember, 3/4-inch GHT is not the same as 3/4-inch NPT.
Can I use a standard garden hose gasket/washer from a local retail store in the female fitting on an Eley hose?
No. A regular garden hose washer from the hardware store will not work for our custom fitting. The diameter is too small for our fitting and will become off-center enough to leak. The best long-term and leak-free seal can be achieved by using the Eley #2901 O-ring gasket.
Are the hoses available in different colors?
Eley garden hoses are only available in our light grey color. This attractive, neutral color was selected for its unique ability to blend in and look great with most almost any color of siding, brick, stucco, wood as well as landscapes. It also compliments the Spartan bronze color of our hose reels.
Do you make this hose in 3/4-inch Inside Diameter size?
Eley currently does not offer 3/4-inch Inside Diameter hose.
Does the length of hose reduce how much water I can get out of the hose?
Yes, longer lengths of hose will reduce the amount of water delivered; however, you may not notice. Most residential systems will deliver 40 to 80 Pounds Per Square Inch (PSI) pressure and 6 to 12 Gallons Per Minute Minute (GPM) to the faucet. Each foot of 5/8-inch garden hose added to your faucet will reduce the volume by 0.01 GPM*. This will increase the amount of time to fill a bucket or pool.
- 50 feet of 5/8-inch hose = 0.5 GPM less volume.
- 100 feet of 5/8-inch hose = 1 GPM less volume.
- 200 feet of 5/8-inch hose = 2 GPM less volume.
A sprinkler or other watering tool attached to the end of the hose will affect the volume (GPM) more than the length of the hose. A normal impulse sprinkler that delivers 3 GPM at the end of a 10-foot hose will continue to deliver 3 GPM at the end of a 200-foot hose. However, for every foot of 5/8-inch hose between the faucet and sprinkler, the pressure will be reduced by 0.1 PSI. This will reduce how far the sprinkler can spray.
- 50 feet of 5/8-inch hose = 5 PSI less pressure.
- 100 feet of 5/8-inch hose = 10 PSI less pressure.
- 200 feet of 5/8-inch hose = 20 PSI less pressure.
*ELEY hose laid out straight on level ground with no tool on the outlet.