The ELEY® Warranty is the industry best, boasting a
10-YEAR no-rust, no-leak, no-break factory guarantee!
Reels & Watering Tools
Eley Corporation, (here after referred to as the "warrantor"), guarantees their proprietary hose reels and watering tools, and their related components and parts, unless otherwise specified, to be free from defect, malfunction or failure in material, or workmanship, under normal use and service, for 10 years for each garden hose reel and watering tool. All warranty periods start from original invoice date of purchase. Warranty covers the replacement of the defective component, not the entire unit.
Warrantor guarantees its polyurethane garden hose to be free from defect, malfunction or failure in material, or workmanship, under normal use and service, for 10 years (120 months). Warrantor guaranteed its synthetic black rubber garden hose to be free from defect, malfunction or failure in material, or workmanship, under normal use and service, for 5 years (60 months).
Warrantor guarantees its powder coat paint will not bubble, crack or peel under normal use and service, for a period of 1 year (12 months). Warrantor recommends that powder-coated products that are located less than 1000 feet from a seashore (salt water) be systematically fresh water rinsed (at least annually), so as to prevent the accumulation of salt deposits. Fading of the paint is a natural occurrence due to long-term exposure to the sun's UV rays and is specifically excluded from this warranty.
- Warranty does not cover leaking due to damage caused by the use of acid, harsh chemicals or mineral deposits.
- Warranty does not apply when products are used in excess of normal use and service, or in excess of their rated capacities and design functions, or under abnormal conditions.
- The effects of oxidation* (see footnote below), and normal wear and tear, are specifically excluded from this warranty.
- The fading or discoloration of products from the sun's UV rays is expressly excluded from this warranty.
- The fusing of aluminum fittings to the brass fittings on ELEY products is specifically excluded from this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover damage which occurs in shipment, failures which are caused by products not supplied by the warrantor or failures which result from accidents, mishandling, faulty installation, freezing, misuse or misapplication, abuse or neglect.
- Warranty is void if the product or any part thereof has been tampered with, altered or repaired by anyone other than warrantor or damage that is attributable to acts of God.
- The warrantor covers the replacement or credit of defective parts only and does not allow for field labor charges for removal, installation, analysis or travel expenses.
In no event shall the warrantor or its suppliers be liable for any damages, whatsoever, arising out of the use of or inability to use this product. (Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you). The warrantor and its suppliers disclaim all other expressed or implied warranties. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
If you experience a product defect, please initiate the warranty claim process by filling out our short Warranty Claim Form. Warranty covers the replacement of the defective component, not the entire unit.
*Rust vs. Corrosion
Corrosion is the gradual destruction of materials (usually metals) by chemical reaction with its environment. In the most common use of the word, this means electro-chemical oxidation of metals in reaction with an oxidant such as oxygen.
Rusting is the common term for corrosion of iron and its alloys, such as steel. Given sufficient time, oxygen, and water, any iron mass will eventually convert entirely to rust and disintegrate. Surface rust is flaky and friable and provides no protection to the underlying iron. Many other metals also undergo corrosion, but the resulting oxides are not commonly called rust.
Aluminum Oxide is a chemical compound of aluminum and oxygen. It is responsible for the resistance of metallic aluminum to weathering. Metallic aluminum is very reactive with atmospheric oxygen, and a thin passivization (white) layer of aluminum oxide forms on any exposed aluminum surface. This layer protects the metal from further oxidation. If the aluminum is finished with a protective coating of paint, oxidation will not occur as long as the paint remains intact. wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrosion